Corporation Motors fleet No 54 Registration AHF850. 54 was one of
twenty three Leyland Titan PD2/1's delivered in 1951. The conventional
1937 bodywork is by Metro-Cammell of Birmingham.
Wallasey Corporation concentrated on an integrated bus & ferry
service from Seacombe and New Brighton to all parts of the borough of
Wallasey; a manual clock indicator can be found on the rear platform,
set by the conductor to show the time of the ferry sailing that the bus
was due to connect with.
Number 54 was withdrawn from service in 1972 having passed into the
ownership of the M.P.T.E. in December 1969 having been renumbered 254.
Upon withdrawal the bus was purchased by a Mr C Greenwood and owned by
him until 2004. The bus then became part of the collection at Wirral
Transport Museum, funded through New Wallasey Regeneration.