Corporation Transport Fleet No 105, registration No BG9225 Purchased in
1946, was one of 145 Leyland Titan PD1's delivered to Birkenhead
Corporation between 1946 & 1948.
After World War 2 it took until late 1945 for Leyland Motors to
recommenced production using parts designed for the MK2 Matilda Tank.
Due to the shortages after the war this design was produced for a
further eighteen months until Leyland Motors began production of the
This 1946 example carries a Wigan built Massey Brothers wooden framed
body. 105 was withdrawn from service in may1960 finding further use as
a school bus with Phillips of Bagillt, North Wales.
In 1999 it was fully restored by volunteers at Wirral Transport Museum
supported by a £10,000 donation from Ovaltine and £10,000 EEC funding.