of 12 bogie cars built in 1931/1932 at Edge Lane works, 70 seat car 762
was originally fitted with English Electric bogies and concealing
valances. It was rebuilt in 1939 with EMB lightweight bogies and
painted in a green livery. When it was withdrawn in 1955, the lower
saloon became a bowling green clubhouse at Newsham Park.By 1977 it had become derelict but was rescued by society members.
Restoration work began at Green Lane depot two years later, but due to
lack of accommodation it had to be stored in the open for 18 months.
Work was continued at Speke and Princes Dock, but was suspended at
Lairds while Birkenhead 20 was finished. On February 6 2000, 762 was
placed on the rails at Pacific Road, and in 2001, 762 was running in
service on the heritage line, looking just as it did in the 1930s.