Bookmark and Share
 
Transport Museum

Tramway Managers

site hit counter
 
visitors since 21st July 2005
 
Birkenhead 93
 
93
105
152
242
54
106
DFG38
EOG200
ERG52
Green Goddess
201 Bus Group
Cars

Motorcycles
Model Railway

Birkenhead Corporation Transport Fleet No. 93, registration No. RCM493 was one of four Leyland Leopard L1's purchased in 1964 to replace four Leyland Tiger PS1's dating from 1948. They were supplied with Wigan built Massey Brothers single deck bodies with front entrance and centre exit doors for one man operation.

Initially purchased for route 44 New Ferry to Eastham to go under a low bridge on Bromborough Road, they were later diverted to other routes such as the 97 and the late night, early hours tunnel bus.

No. 93 together with its three sisters were transferred to the M.P.T.E in 1969 and remained in service until 1977. It later became a road safety display vehicle for W.B.C. In 1993 it was donated to Wirral Transport Museum and restored by 201 Bus Group.

93
93 outside Museum
Leopard Badge
93 rear view cinside Museum

93 rear view



HOME